This documentation describes the workings of MACH composer. Intended to setup and manage a Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless platform.
What is it?¶
MACH composer is a framework that you use to orchestrate and extend modern digital commerce & experience platforms, based on MACH technologies and cloud native services. It provides a standards-based, future-proof tool-set and methodology to hand to your teams when building these types of platforms.
- A configuration framework for managing MACH-services configuration, using infrastructure-as-code underneath (powered by Terraform)
- A microservices architecture based on modern serverless technology (AWS Lambda and Azure Functions), including (alpha) support for building your microservices with the Serverless Framework
- Multi-tenancy support for managing many instances of your platform, that share the same library of micro services
- CI/CD tools for automating the delivery of your MACH ecosystem
- Tight integration with AWS an Azure, including an (opinionated) setup of these cloud environments
The framework is intended as the 'center piece' of your MACH architecture and incorporates industry best practises such as the 12 Factor Methodology, Infrastrucure-as-code, DevOps, immutable deployments, FAAS, etc.
With combining (and requiring) these practises, using the framework has significant impact on your engineering methodology and organisation. On the other hand, by combining those practises we believe it offers an accelerated 'way in' in terms of embracing modern engineering practises in your organisation.
- Tutorials introduces you to MACH composer and lets you setup your MACH stack in a couple of steps
- Explanations explanations of concepts, best practises and techniques
- Reference guides contain technical reference for the MACH syntax and usage of the CLI.
- How-to guides contain practical descriptions on how to solve certain problems. They are more advanced than tutorials and assume some knowledge of how MACH works.